You have the power to stay on a healthy path all year long if you want too!
Why Stay on a Healthy Path?
Imagine the alternative…the cost of being sick!
Being sick means time away from work and even loss of income if you’ve run out of sick pay.
Being sick means taking time to see the doctor and then time to run to the pharmacy for medications.
Long term this can take a toll on your body’s well-being.
Secret to Live Young: Maintain Your Body
Here’s my secret on how to live young: maintain your body.
What do I mean?
Think about it…we maintain our material possessions that can even be replaced; cars appliances, computers and the list goes on and on.
You can’t replace your whole body when it stops functioning. So why not keep your body tuned up on a daily basis by simply staying on a healthy path!
Check out my 5 ways to maintain your body for a healthier and longer life!
5 Ways to Stay on a Healthy Path
- Nutrition is the key to a healthier body, from the inside out. Every Sunday plan your grocery shopping and menu for the week. Use a smaller plate filled with dark leafy greens, a healthy fat like avocado and small portion of protein.
- Get Outdoors for a free dose of vitamin D from the sun for at least 15 minutes. People tend to be happier when they spend time outside.
- Physical Activity plays a vital role in living young. Pick a physical activity that you enjoy and will stick with; walking, gardening, Zumba, swimming, biking and yoga.
- Sleep is necessary to refuel our bodies. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night benefits the body with weight loss, improved memory and happier mood.
- Water is a major component that carries nutrients and oxygen to our cells. Drink half your body weight every day. Make it easy by carrying a BPA-free refillable water container everywhere you go.
What are you going to start today so that you can stay on a healthy path all year long?
Stay in Touch!
My blog writings focus on actionable information about anti-aging, physical activity, eating healthy, healing your body naturally from the inside out and learning how to live young every day!
Take a moment to subscribe to my blog for actionable information. Come on over to my Facebook page and “like” Lou Ann Donovan Live Young Now for more healthy living young tips!
Learn more about me on Pinterest. I love to pin about places I have been, where I want to go, cats, and of course all sorts of great nutrition information including recipes.
I look forward to getting to know you and learning how I can provide a roadmap to bridge the gap from where you are now to your ideal life!
Cheers to a Healthy 2014!
Photo credit: Photodune.net