I’m excited to introduce you to my friend and guest blogger Julie Hengel. Julie is a certified LaBlast Fitness Instructor, Licensed Hair Stylist and esthetician with a zest for aging gracefully and naturally. You can find more of her writings on Beautiful head to toe
It’s been said 100 times I’m going to say it again. You are never too old to get fit. I am 57 years old and on January 26th I attended LaBlast™ Fitness Instructor Certification Training being taught by none other than Louis Van Amstel from Dancing With The Stars.
I am a Midwestern grandmother of four, hairstylist and esthetician with a love of dance. I believe in aging gracefully and naturally and as I become closer to the age of 60 realize how important it is to keep moving.
I am going to be honest with you and tell you that other than dancing during ballroom dance lessons I have had a hard time staying motivated to exercise on a regular basis. LaBlast™ fitness classes I WANT to do~and you will too.
LaBlast™ is a perfect balance between dance and fitness. It is totally a partner free dance class that will both challenge and inspire people of all ages and fitness levels, while dancing to music of any genre from Pop and Rock, to Hip Hop and Country and everything in between.
The 5 exercise benefits of LaBlast™ are:
- Muscular Strength~amount of force a muscle can exert in a single effort
- Muscular Endurance~ability a muscle can perform without fatiguing
- Cardiovascular or aerobic fitness~the capacity of the heart-lung system to deliver blood and oxygen to working muscles during exercise
- Flexibility~the ability of each joint to express its range of motion
- Body Composition~the makeup of the body using a two component model of a lean body mass and body fat
LaBlast™ Fitness is an easy and fun way to improve your overall health, whether you want to burn calories, improve muscle tone, become more flexible or learn new dance moves. “If you can clap it, you can dance it™” Louis Van Amstel
A whole new life filled with fun, good health and adventure are waiting for us.
For more information on my journey with LaBlast™ please follow me on Facebook Julie Designs KC