Tired of the growing feeling of overwhelm every day?
Tired of feeling run down collapsing into your pillow every night?
Tired of your month lasting longer than your money?
Then how about kickin’ your resolutions to the curb and start living a happier and healthier life today!
How Do You Get Started?
Read my 6 steps to a healthier life then follow the below action plan and you are well on your way!
- Decide…you are ready to have a happier and healthier life!
- Plan…how you are going to get there from my 6 steps.
- Schedule…the plans in your calendar.
- Actions…just get started and stay committed to your new healthier life!
6 Steps to a Healthier Life
- Happiness – Our happiness increases when we help others. Select a cause that you have a passion for with your church or non-profit organization. Commit to helping at least once a quarter. I have experienced such a rewarding feeling from this!
- More Energy – Skip the gym membership this year and exercise at home. So many workout choices; DVR a television fitness show, dust off your Nintendo’s Wii Fit Plus or watch a YouTube fitness video from your smart phone or computer.
- Protein for Breakfast – Doctors will tell you that drinking a meal replacement protein shake for breakfast is the best way to start your day. Protein first thing in the morning keeps your blood sugar levels balanced and allows your body to burn stored fat as fuel.
- Grocery Shop Smarter – Make a grocery list instead of aimlessly walking through the store which can lead to poor food choices and less money in your wallet. Select whole foods from all the colors of the rainbow like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, blueberries, eggplant, black beans and onions.
- Less Stress – Get at least seven hours of sleep each night. Develop a night time routine just like we teach our children; go to bed at a regular time, turn down the thermostat, unplug and read a book before bedtime.
- Save Money – This is the year to simplify your life by saving more and spending less. Take 10% of your monthly income and direct deposit into a savings account. You know the saying…out of sight out of mind. Pay cash for only what you really need.
Enjoy your life journey. Every day can be an adventure and rejuvenation to your body, mind and soul.
Which of the 6 steps will you get started with today?
Stay in Touch!
My blog writings focus on actionable information about anti-aging, physical activity, eating healthy, healing your body naturally from the inside out and learning how to live young every day!
Take a moment to subscribe to my blog for actionable information. Come on over to my Facebook page and “like” Lou Ann Donovan Live Young Now for more healthy living young tips!
Learn more about me on Pinterest. I love to pin about places I have been, where I want to go, cats, and of course all sorts of great nutrition information including recipes.
I look forward to getting to know you and learning how I can provide a roadmap to bridge the gap from where you are now to your ideal life!
Cheers to a Healthy 2014!
Photo credit: Photodune.net