Foods you choose to eat every day can either explode or soothe your stress and anxiety level. So strive to eat healthier foods regularly to maintain emotional and physical balance in your body.
Foods That Explode Anxiety
Avoid unhealthy foods that increase blood sugar levels and promote anxiety, mood swings and depression:
1. Sugar, both refined and natural, leads to fluctuations in blood sugar levels and promotes chronic inflammation leading to mood swings and depression.
2. Caffeinated drinks and foods can increase your heart rate and may trigger a panic attack. Try to consume low quantities or avoid all together coffee, tea, soda, energy drinks and chocolate.
3. Processed food ingredients lead to irritability and mood swings. Avoid products with gluten a protein found in wheat, rye and barley grains, sugar, trans fats, artificial colors, MSG (monosodium glutamate) and other synthetic ingredients.
Foods That Soothe Anxiety
Improve your mood and reduce anxiety and stress levels with healthier natural foods:
1. Vitamin C foods help reduce the production of stress hormones in the body and boosts the immune system. Foods high in vitamin C are red bell pepper, kale, avocado, broccoli, strawberries, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kiwi, oranges and mango.
2. Protein helps stabilizes blood sugar levels increasing energy and improving your mood. Healthy sources of protein are raw, unsalted almonds, macadamia nuts and pumpkin seeds, chicken, turkey, eggs, almond milk and almond butter.
3. Berries especially blueberries and blackberries are rich in antioxidants that aid in production of dopamine, a chemical critical to a happier mood.
Start soothing your anxiety and stress levels with these healthy foods and bring a natural relaxation and calming energy into your life!
Feel free to add your favorite soothing healthy foods in the comments below!
Photo credit: Photodune
Cheers to a Healthy Life!