Can you naturally reverse the signs of aging both inside and outside the body? Keep reading to learn more about free radicals, antioxidants and superfoods. Check out the list below “10 Tricks to Reverse Aging”.
Aging Versus Anti-Aging?
Aging by definition is the process of getting older, or an artificial process to make someone or something look older. Anti-aging is preventing, reversing or basically slowing down the aging process. We will all die at some point so you can’t stop aging but you can slow it down.
10 Tricks to Reverse Aging
- Build strong bones in your 20’s and continue a calcium rich diet as you age.
- Protect your face from the sun starting in your 20’s with sunscreen and a hat.
- Reverse sun damage, wrinkles and dry skin with Vitamin A rich foods like spinach and mangoes.
- Improve memory and learning skills by consuming Omega-3 DHA foods and supplements.
- Stimulate the mind and live young by continuing to work, be active, have a purpose and be socially engaged,
- Cut diuretics like coffee and soda both which burn up calcium, cause redness in the skin and kill your hair.
- Trigger collagen production and improve fine lines discoloration by using creams with glycolic acid or retinol.
- Stay away from red meats and processed foods which cause extra body fat on the belly and triceps triggering other organs to age prematurely.
- Hand lotion, hand lotion, hand lotion!! Use daily keeping the signs of aging away from the delicate skin on your hands.
- Cleanse the aging stress toxins with 7 hours sleep each night, meditation, exercise and take your vacation days.
[iconbox title=”Source:” icon=”List_w__Images.png”]From Forbes.com article “10 Tricks to Reverse Aging”[/iconbox]
Free Radicals Damage Cells
Free radicals are formed when weak bonds split in the cells. Some free radical production is normal but if it becomes excessive then cell damage can occur. The cells do produce enzymes that can gobble up the unwanted free radicals but oxidative stress causes us to not produce enough of these enzymes, especially as we age.
Antioxidants and Superfoods Repair Cells
Antioxidants can repair the damage caused by free radical oxidation in the cells. The body is capable of protecting itself and making enough antioxidants to stop the oxidative stress. However as we age the body has a harder time producing enough of the enzymes needed to repair the free radical damage in the cells.
Oxidative stress can be triggered by diet, excessive exercise, emotional stress, smoke, alcohol, sun exposure, drugs and many other environmental issues.
A diet of superfoods rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B12 and antioxidants like avocado, spinach, blueberries, red bell peppers, beans and egg whites can help reduce the oxidative stress by giving the cells extra antioxidants to battle the free radicals.
List of resources, all worth checking out.
10 Tricks To Reverse Aging from Forbes.com
Aging Gracefully and Naturally from WebMD.com
6 “Grow Younger” Nutrients I Take Every Day from Mercola.com
Cheers to a Healthy Day!