Top 5 Healthy Habits to Living Young series third article – Why Take Nutritional Supplements? Check back for future posts to read more about my top healthy habits.
Why take nutritional supplements? Because every day your body’s 63 trillion cells are constantly being bombarded by free radicals from the air you breathe, the food you eat and the water you drink. The more effective you are at protecting your cells with proper nutrients the healthier they become and the younger you look and feel!
Major factors to building a strong nutritional foundation are; balanced whole food diet, exercising regularly, reducing stress and supplementing with not only the ideal amount of vitamins, but also powerful antioxidants, major, trace and ultra-trace plant sourced minerals.
Scientists and medical doctors are now recognizing the need for adding nutritional supplements to the daily diet, your wellness insurance policy for long-term health.
Science also tells us that your physical well being is more directly dependent upon the minerals you take into your body than almost any other factor. Your body does not naturally create the minerals it needs and are essential support to the health of organs, bones and immune system. Further scientific evidence suggests that consumption of the mineral selenium may produce anti-carcinogenic effects in the body.
Top 7 Nutritional Supplements Benefits:
- Folate/Folic Acid also know as vitamin B9 aids with depression, reduces risk of chronic disease, including heart disease and cancer by 50%.
- Vitamin D3 aids absorption of calcium, slows aging process, decreases risk of memory loss, heart and vascular disease and cancer prevention.
- Minerals: Calcium/Magnesium is both necessary for bone and nerve health.
- Probiotics aid in gastrointestinal health including diarrhea, Crohn’s, IBS Irritable bowel syndrome, colitis and reduces inflammation.
- Fish Oils/DHA reduces chronic inflammation, lowers LDL cholesterol, prevent certain cancers and treatment for skin conditions; acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Garlic lowers heart disease risk, protects against certain cancers, treats indigestion, and prevents viral and bacterial infections including colds, flu, bronchitis and sinusitis.
- Soy Protein is a complete protein, easily digested, has no fat, low carb and more importantly, adequate consumption of soy can help the body lower cholesterol as well as C-reactive protein. Select Soy that is not genetically modified, Non-GMO for the most natural form.
My Personal Supplement Journey
From my years of personal research on how to live young I found taking a nutritional supplement of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants is critical to protecting your body and allowing it to heal itself naturally. As a 20 year migraine sufferer who has now been pain free for three years I finally found relief by focusing on the top 7 nutritional supplements benefits listed above.
Share your story or questions below! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others on your favorite social sites. Thanks!