Keep your brain cells healthy with these super foods.
12 Brain Boosting Super Foods
- Almonds are high in vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Avocado contains healthy fats that keep your blood flowing.
- Beans stimulate the nerve impulses in your brain raising alertness.
- Bell Peppers are high in vitamin C which helps protect brain cells.
- Blueberries supply your brain with antioxidants that help keep cells healthy.
- Broccoli contains vitamin K which helps with brain performance.
- Coffee is high in antioxidants. Consumed in moderation over the long term may reduce the risk of dementia.
- Dark Chocolate contains antioxidants that increase your blood flow to the brain.
- Eggs contain choline, a fat-like B vitamin which enhances memory.
- Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help build healthy neurons in the brain.
- Spinach and other dark leafy green are high in folate and vitamin B which are known to slow the development of dementia.
- Strawberries are high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
Did you notice the key nutrient found in most brain food?
WebMD says “Antioxidants minimize damage to your cells from free radicals” in their article How Antioxidants Work
Further…”An apple slice turns brown…result from a natural process called oxidation…It happens to all cells in nature, including the ones in your body.”
Lastly…”To help your body protect itself fromt he rigors of oxidation, Mother Nature provides thousands of different antioxidants in various amounts in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes. When your body needs to put up its best defense, expecially true in today’s environment, antioxidants are crucial to your health.”
How many brain foods are you consuming? I’d love to hear from you!
Photo credit: Photodune
Follow my boards on Pinterest for healthy recipes I pin plus more living young tips!
Cheers to a Healthy Life!