Feeling sluggish and bloated all the time? You may be eating too many acidic foods.
Start today by making the choice to consume 80% alkaline foods at each meal. This will allow your body to maintain a slightly alkaline pH level of 7.4. You will gain the benefits of weight loss, more energy plus feel and look years younger!
Your body may be acidic if you have…
Constipation caused by eating too much acidic foods.
Sore muscles and joint pain caused by acidic foods reducing the minerals in your body.
Overweight caused by eating too fast and too many acidic foods.
Low energy level caused by acidic foods depleting the blood oxygen.
Tips to Achieve a Balanced Diet and Reduce the Acid:
- Water is key to reducing acid in the body. Drink half your body weight in ounces each day and avoid water during meals. Instead drink 30 minutes before and after a meal.
- Change your food habits and improve your health by consuming 80% of every meal with alkaline foods and only 20% acidic foods.
- Practice mindful eating by giving yourself 30 minutes to eat slowly chewing each bite.
Avoid my top 6 acidic food categories:
- Sugar – including artificial sweeteners, “natural sugar” and most fruits.
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids – includes vegetable oil, mayo, chips, cheese, milk
- White Bread and Pasta – biscuits, muffins, pizza all break down to sugar leading to inflammation.
- Gluten – eliminating can reduce bloating and digestive issues. About 35% of Americans now avoid gluten.
- Trans Fats – read labels and don’t buy products with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. It causes damage to the cells lining the blood vessels.
- Coffee, Tea & Alcohol – this includes green tea, decaf tea, flavored water and colas.
Enjoy my top 6 alkaline food categories:
- Leafy Greens – kale, spinach, parsley, arugula
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – edamame, flaxseed oil, chia seeds, fresh basil
- Vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin
- Nuts & Seeds – almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds
- Grains & Beans – gluten-free, quinoa, buckwheat, red beans, white beans
- Other – almond milk, avocado, olive oil, herbal teas
For a complete listing of alkaline and acidic foods, save and print this guide Acid & Alkaline Food Chart PDF from Energise for Life.
Photo credit: Photodune
Cheers to a Healthy Life!