Are you a processed food junkie?
Do you need a soda (regular or diet) to make it through your day?
Ever thought about all the sugar you consume and what it does to your mood, allergies, skin, headaches, organs, depression, etc.? The list goes on and on way beyond my list of 25 reasons to quit sugar.
- accelerate aging
- weaken your eyes
- reduce the mineral balance in the body
- cause gallstones
- reduce the absorption of calcium in the body
- cause an acidic body
- throw off your hormone balance
- cause fluid retention
- cause food allergies
- age your skin
- cause lower enzymes in the body
- cause arthritis
- increased blood pressure
- reduce absorption of protein in the body
- cause asthma
- reduce collagen in your skin
- cause headaches, including migraines (I know!)
- cause heart disease
- lead to kidney stones forming
- cause depression
- lead to dizziness (Again I know!)
- cause free radical damage
- increase cancer risk
- cause constipation
- cause fatty liver disease
How many on this list hit home for you? Think you are addicted to sugar?
‘Addicted’ to sugar as defined by my body in one word CRAVINGS!
My sugar weakness is fresh baked cookies especially snickerdoodle, peanut butter and oatmeal raisin! Yep that’s my weakness just that one food. The more I eat foods with sugar which seems to be in everything these days, the more I crave sugar. So it’s easy to fix right – don’t buy it! Is it easy to do – NO! But I do a better job of listening to my body and know as a person who has low blood sugar also known as hypoglycemia that sugar is not my friend and never will be.
- One cookie with 18 grams of sugar = 4 cubes of sugar
- Liter of soda with 124 grams of sugar = 31 cubes of sugar
- One candy bar with 24 grams of sugar = 6 cubes of sugar
Does the reasons to quit sugar list inspire you to cut back or eliminate sugar from your diet? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Stay in Touch!
My blog writings focus on actionable information about anti-aging, physical activity, eating healthy, healing your body naturally from the inside out with nutrition so you can live young every day!
Take a moment to opt-in to my blog for healthy posts right to your Inbox every month. Learn more about me on Pinterest. I love to pin about travel, books, quotes, cats and of course all sorts of great nutrition information including recipes.
Cheers to a Healthy 2014!
Photo credit: Photodune.net