“And the beauty of a woman, with passing years only grows!” ~Audrey Hepburn
Let’s explore how to naturally reverse the signs of aging and capture the beauty as we age.
Free Radicals Damage Our Cells
Cells produce enzymes that can gobble up the unwanted free radicals but oxidative stress causes us to not produce enough of these enzymes, especially as we age. Some free radical production is normal but if it becomes excessive then cell damage can occur.
Oxidative stress can be triggered by diet, excessive exercise, emotional stress, smoke, alcohol, sun exposure, drugs and many other environmental issues.
Antioxidant Rich Superfoods Repair Our Cells
Antioxidants are necessary to repair the damage caused by free radical oxidation in the cells. Consume superfoods rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B12 and antioxidants like: avocado, spinach, blueberries, red bell peppers, beans and egg whites.
Anti-aging is defined as preventing, reversing or basically slowing down the aging process. You can’t stop aging but you can slow it down. Here are 10 tricks to reverse aging!
10 Tricks to Reverse Aging
- Start in your 20’s to build strong bones and continue a calcium rich whole food diet as you age.
- Shield your face from sun while driving with UV protective sunglasses. Start in your 20’s protecting your face with sunscreen and a hat.
- Eat spinach, mangoes and other Vitamin A rich foods to reverse sun damage, wrinkles and dry skin.
- Take Omega-3 DHA supplement for brain health, improved memory and learning skills. It may also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Keep working to stimulate the mind and live young. Continue to be active, have a purpose and be socially engaged,
- Cut coffee and soda and drink more water. Both are diuretics which burn up calcium, cause dull skin and graying hair.
- Use creams with glycolic acid or retinol to trigger collagen production, smoothing out fine lines and improving skin discoloration.
- Stay away from red meats and processed foods which cause extra body fat on the belly and triceps triggering other organs to age prematurely. Staying lean will keep you living longer and looking younger!
- Lather up the hand lotion. The delicate skin on your hands shows the aging process extremely quickly making you appear older than you are. Use daily hand lotion to keep the signs of aging away.
- Tame the stress beast. Cleanse the aging stress toxins with 7 hours sleep each night, meditation, exercise and take your vacation days!
Source: From Forbes.com article “10 Tricks to Reverse Aging”
Stay in Touch!
My blog writings focus on healing your body naturally from the inside out through nutrition and learning how to live young every day!
Come on over to my Facebook page and “like” Lou Ann Donovan Live Young Now for more healthy living young tips! Learn more about me on Pinterest. I love to pin about traveling, cats, social media and of course all sorts of great nutrition information including recipes.
Cheers to a Healthy 2014!
Photo Credit: Photodune.net