Highway to the Blue Zones! Get ready to learn how to max out your chances of living well and longer.
Your Path to Longevity: Power Nine
Here are the shared traits of the world’s longest-lived people from The Blue Zones Solution book.
1. Move Naturally. Live in an environment that constantly nudges you into moving about instead going to the gym and running marathons.
2. Purpose. “Why I wake up in the morning.” Knowing your sense of purpose is worth up to seven years of extra life expectancy.
3. Downshift. Stress leads to chronic inflammation and age-related diseases. Have routines to shed stress. Pray, take a nap and do happy hour.
4. 80 Percent Rule. Stop eating when you are 80% full. People in the Blue Zones eat their smallest meal in the late afternoon and don’t eat again the rest of the day.
5. Plant Slant. Beans are the cornerstone of most centenarian diets with mostly 3 ounces of pork consumed about once a week.
6. Wine @ 5. Moderate drinkers outlive nondrinkers. Drink only one to two glasses per day with friends.
7. Right Tribe. Social networks of long-lived people favorably shape their health behaviors.
8. Community. Attending faith-based services four times per month adds up to 14 years life expectancy.
9. Loved Ones First. Centenarians put their family first, keep aging parents and grandparents nearby, commit to a life partner and invest in their children.
Learn more on the lessons for living longer from the people who have lived the longest in his new book.
Dan Buettner is the New York Times best selling author of The Blue Zones Solution: Eating and Living Like the World’s Healthiest People.
Just got mine! Get your own copy of his book Order The Blue Zones Solution
Thank you for being the best past of Live-Young.com. Follow me on Pinterest for more healthy living information including recipes.
Heal your body naturally from the inside out with nutrition and live young every day!
Resource: The Blue Zones Solution book
Photo credit: Photodune
Cheers to a Healthy Life!