Green juices and smoothies are an easy way to get healthy and live young! Just blend up or juice some organic vegetables and fruits for natural glowing skin, flush out toxins and help with healing chronic diseases.
Guide to juicing and smoothies basic ingredients:
- Pick one liquid – non-dairy milk, water, coconut water
- Pick one base – cucumber, celery
- Pick one or two leafy greens – kale, spinach, romaine, watercress
- Pick one or two for flavor – apple, banana, berries, pear, avocado
- Pick one citrus to flush toxins – lemon, lime
- Pick for detox – cilantro, parsley, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon
- Pick extras – nut butter, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax oil/seeds
The list of ingredients can go on and on! So check out some of the recipes I use from my top three “go to” sites for juices and smoothies:
Reboot with Joe founded by Joe Cross after the success of his film Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead to educate and inspire people to achieve weight loss and health through juicing and plant-based eating.
Healthy Blender Recipes by Tess, The Blender Girl and blendaholic. The blender makes healthy fast food possible. Her recipes cater to the everyday needs of those of us on the run, who don’t want to compromise on nutrition and flavour just because we have something more pressing to do!
The Glowing Green Smoothie by Kimberly Snyder
Make a big batch of the Glowing Green Smoothie and keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to two and a half days. You can also freeze portion sizes in glass containers and thaw out the night before. How easy it that!
Find more recipes on my Pinterest board Juicing & Smoothies
If you enjoyed this post, please share on your favorite social sites. Follow me on Instagram
Heal your body naturally from the inside out with nutrition and live young every day!
Photo credit: Photodune
Cheers to a Healthy Life!
Click on my name above to visit my Meet Lou Ann page and learn more about me and my passion for healthy living, community and social media.