Could you have leaky gut symptoms? There is a wide range of physical symptoms that often mimic other health conditions. Here are just a few of the symptoms; gas, bloating, headaches, eczema, chronic fatigue and multiple food sensitivities and allergies.
Leaky gut is a condition of the digestive system where pieces of undigested food and other toxins escape the intestinal lining and enter the bloodstream where they do not belong. This results in activating the immune system to try and eliminate the toxins and undigested food from the body causing increased inflammation.
[iconbox title=”TIP” icon=”Bended_Arrow_Right.png”]Leaky gut can seriously impact your overall health, and you could have it without even knowing! Medical professionals tend to treat the symptoms rather than the underlying cause.[/iconbox]
Causes of Leaky Gut
- Consuming high-sugar, starchy and processed foods
- Soda pop, caffeine, beer and wine act on the body like toxins
- Overuse of medications; aspirin, antibiotics, hormones, acid blockers and steroids
- Low-grade bug; yeast, bacterial overgrowth and parasites
Natural Way to Heal Leaky Gut
- Eat whole foods rich in calcium, vitamin A, B6 and D, l-glutamine and zinc. Top picks are; salmon, garlic, pumpkin seeds, eggs and 15 minutes of sunshine daily (without sunscreen) for vitamin D!
- Consume probiotics to help break down and digest food. Top picks are fermented and raw whole foods; colorful vegetables, yogurt, kefir, kombucha, tempeh, miso and raw cacao.
- Eat foods high in alkaline; fresh raw green vegetables like kale, spinach, avocados, peppers, broccoli and lentils, beans, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.
- Avoid sugary foods including fruit because not all bodies are able to process natural sugars. Low-glycemic fresh fruits might be ok when eaten in moderation as long as your symptoms are minimizing.
[iconbox title=”TIP” icon=”Bended_Arrow_Right.png”]Alkaline rich foods contain a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds which reduces inflammation naturally, fights free radicals and aids in the healing process of the digestive system.[/iconbox]
What other causes and natural foods solutions have you found to help heal leaky gut?
List of resources, all worth checking out.
Leak Gut Syndrome: What Is It? from WebMD.com
Could Leaky Gut Be What’s Troubling You? from DrOz.com
Share your story or ask questions below! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others on your favorite social sites. Thanks!
Cheers to a Healthy Day!