“There is a fountain of youth: it is in your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” ~Sophia Loren
Eat a clean and healthy diet from all the colors of the rainbow. Enjoy one glass of red wine every day too!
- Antioxidants (5-7 servings/day) – blueberries, red and yellow peppers, sweet potatoes, broccoli, kale and tomatoes.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids (3 grams/day) – ground flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans and pine nuts.
- Herbal tea (3 cups/day) – green, white or try my favorite lemon ginger plus probiotics by Bigelow.
- Fiber (28 grams/day) – vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains.
- Healthy Fats (3-6 servings/day) – avocado, dark chocolate, nuts, almonds and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (foods with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids).
- Spices – turmeric, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cumin and basil.
Pick an activity that you will stick with: yoga, walking, climbing stairs, gardening, running, bowling, swimming and tennis.
- Commit to 30 minutes a day or 10-minute intervals 3 times a day.
Recharge your body and stay healthy all year long.
- Strive for 7-8 hours/night
Calm your life, reduce stress and inflammation.
- Meditation (10 minutes in the morning)
- Pray (daily as needed)
- Yoga (2-3 times per week for 20-30 minutes)
Fill in your diet’s nutritional gaps with a high absorption vitamin and mineral supplement.
- Calcium (500 mg twice/day) with Magnesium Glycinate (350 mg/day)
- Vitamin D (1,000 IU/day)
- Turmeric (500 mg/day)
- Multivitamin with Minerals (take AM and PM) – include vitamin A, B’s, C, D and E plus plant-sourced major, trace and ultra-trace mineral blend
Natural News: The best and worst forms of magnesium to take as a supplement
Dr. Weil: Three reasons to eat Turmeric
You can live a young, vibrant and healthy life for a long time if you want to!
Photo credit: Photodune
Cheers to a Healthy Life!