Did you know omega-3 fatty acids have anti-aging properties that can help you live young?
Omega-3 fatty acids are ‘’healthy fats’’ that help prevent many chronic health conditions which helps the body live and look young! Although foods are the best source for omega-3’s, supplements help as well. Look for products with these nutrients listed; alpha-linolenic acid, EPA eicosapentaenoic and DHA docosahexaenoic.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help the Body…
- Reduce inflammation which can reduce risk of chronic health conditions
- Lower the amount of lipids which reduces cholesterol and triglycerides
- Prevent cancer cell growth
- Decrease platelets which prevents excessive blood clotting
- Reduce risk of obesity
[iconbox title=”Tip:” icon=”Key.png”]Recommended daily dose of omega-3 for women 1.1 grams and men 1.6 grams. Best to absorb omega-3 from foods but supplements can help as well.[/iconbox]
Conditions that Need Omega-3 Foods…
- Here are just a few of the health conditions that can benefit from omega-3’s.
- Hardening of the arteries – decreases platelet clotting
- Type 2 diabetes – reduces inflammation
- ADD / ADHD – improves ability to concentrate
- Cardiovascular disease – reduces cholesterol and inflammation
- Anti-Aging – reduces wrinkles, improves dry, itchy skin and thickens hair and nails
[iconbox title=”Tip:” icon=”Key.png”]Top 5 foods with omega-3 fatty acids; flax seed ground, walnuts, salmon, avocados and tofu.[/iconbox]
List of resources, all worth checking out.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Fact Sheet from WebMD.com
Daily Dose: Omega-3 from DrOz.com
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Have Anti-Aging Effects on Cells from NaturalNews.com
Share your story or ask questions below! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others on your favorite social sites. Thanks!
Cheers to a Healthy Day!