Are you always on the run grabbing whatever you can to eat like the people in the photo? Are you ready to take a proactive step towards better health? Most people want to get healthy and fit yet they don’t seem to find the time for it. Living a healthier life isn’t hard but does require a commitment to make simple changes in that direction.
6 Simple Health Tips
Moves you can take towards a healthier life every day:
1. Kick start your day. Enjoy two 8-ounce glasses of water each morning before eating breakfast. Water is the best way to rejuvenate the cells after sleeping all night. Squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice in the water to flavor it up.
2. Meal on the go. Blend up a meal replacement protein shake for breakfast to kick start your day, keep your blood sugar levels balanced, allowing your body to burn stored fat as fuel. Shakes teach you how to eat less and lose weight quickly and permanently. So replace your bagel and orange juice meal with a protein shake, save 400 calories each day and you’ll see the results on your bathroom scale.
3. Exercise in the nooks and crannies. Do you work in an office? Get up every hour stretch your legs and walk around a bit. Pack your lunch a few times a week and go for a walk during your lunchtime instead of eating out. Skip the elevator and take the stairs up and down; morning, noon and night. These will all help get your blood flowing and your muscles moving throughout the day to stay alert and motivated.
4. Drink herbal teas. Opt for the herbal teas instead of regular coffee and tea. There are more antioxidants in herbal teas which help to protect your cells and provide immune system support. Too much caffeine from coffee, tea and soda may lead to bone loss and osteoporosis.
5. Skip the fries at lunch. If you must eat out for lunch, select lean meats and a salad and skip the hamburger and fries. To keep your salads healthy select a low-fat or no-fat salad dressing.
6. Take a break and breathe. Take a break and breathe. Do some deep breathing while sitting in traffic, standing in line at the store or working at a desk. First exhale completely from your mouth then breathe in slowly through your nose, pushing your stomach slowly out and repeat five times. Deep breathing releases tension from the body and clears the mind, improving both physical and mental wellness.
How do you fit being healthy into your busy life?
Challenge yourself – set your New Year’s Resolution and get started TODAY!